Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I feel a little sock monkey action comin on....



Who doesn't love the classic cuddle of a sock monkey! And not only are they inherently cute, they are very attainable and affordable. Little did I know when scrambling for a way to incorporate a girl and boy decor in the same room that a certain sock monkey theme would lead me to pages upon pages of the adorable renditions. I am hooked!! Now if only I had all the money to do all the creatively wonderful ideas I have!

As soon as the mailman sends the much desired bolts to our much desired and missed crib, Tyce's room, formerly the master closet and his new found room (formerly Sawyer's room) will become new found friends! And in parent land, the luxury of brushing teeth, dressing appropriately and incorporating new items into our weekly ensembles will happen more regular. (However, do not be alarmed if I still am caught in lulu's and a hoodie at 4pm! Some habits die hard! The uniform prevails, whether closet availabile or not!)

So here are some of my ideas...send me your ideas too!

-Polka dots-bordering pillows and as an accent- in both brown and red (brown for Sawyer and Red for Moo)
-Sock monkey fabric-see Moda Funky Monkey's and or just look up sock monkey fabric! So cute!! This for either curtains or duvet covers.
-I am thinking of making a solid quilt with a caricature of a monkey that "resembles" Sawyer and Macie, one on a solid brown background for Sawyer and the other on Red...
-If not the previous idea I will make canvas fabric art of sock monkey look-alike heads to hang above their beds!

I am thinking about painting the room a pale tealy bluey color...super hard to describe...but I want a little more umph than a chocolate brown (which is also heavy for a girly room too) and or a bland pale tan. Thoughts...

I have more obscure ideas filtering through this brain of mine, but I will leave it at that for tonight. So excited, now just hoping I can separate the newly purchased bunkbeds (off craigslist of course!) for the time that Tyce is not joining them in the big kid room!

4 kids and 2 bedrooms. Not my favorite, but I am going to make it work and make it dang cute!!

Stay tuned in for updates...this one may take awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment