Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lent?

So Eastern Orthodox folks begin their days of lent tomorrow. Truthfully I do not know much about the nature of a lent, besides the fact that you give up something that truly is not good for you, or is it something you really enjoy to show sacrifice? Correct me if I'm wrong. But it has got me thinking. What would I lent?! Chocolate perhaps, at this point Tums would be a hard lent, maybe even sleeping so much. I have thought that I will lent one personal struggle for myself...I will lent my procastinating habits. I will finish one thing that I promised myself I would finish each day. Regardless of sickness, distractions, and giving myself outs. I will finish the laundry when I say, I will clean the toilets when I assign myself and I will go for a simple walk when I plan too. I think this will help my days not seem as long right now and foster some feelings of successful accomplishment! What would you lent!?

3 comments:

  1. diet coke. i take it back. maybe caramels. that one seems more realistic. ;)
    or ice cream, but only because i don't eat it much.
    in all reality, being LDS and all, i lent alcohol, tabacco and more. ;) not to mention sleezy cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quit procrastinating returning phone calls! ;) just kidding.
    I would lent cleaning up Wheelers toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! True,true Mormons are pretty much professional lent-ers. And Jan, I do procrastinate phone calls. I am brutal!

    ReplyDelete