Sunday, February 13, 2011

I can wear red lipstick...


It is hard to not find oneself, when oneself is sick, to not be utterly consumed by it. I am finding it difficult to not think about it and carry-on. I find it most difficult because it seems to be the Achilles heal in everything I do. Everything I desire to do, need to do, or find myself pining to do, is directly associated with how sick I am or not! I am an avid reader of Stephanie Nielson's blog the nienie dialogues. Look her up!! She is amazing and her story of struggles and real life pain, are something I find myself able to relate to right now. She survived a small aircraft accident, with 80% of her body badly burned. She is a mother of four, and for the last five months has been my mommy-mentor...minus her vegan eating habits...I'm Albert bred, I love ALBERTA BEEF :)

One post that left me especially touched was her desire to simply be able to wear red lipstick again. I remember reading the things she was going through, the enduring she was picking herself up through each day, and thought to myself "I CAN WEAR RED LIPSTICK" I can do many things, my body although sick and a pain in the neck more often than not, is not burned to the point where my lips are in need of surgery and or any other part of me. I am blessed. My attitude, which while pregnant seems to ebb and flow as much as my mood, really does facilitate what I can do, where I will go and who's life I will serve. And as you will see indefinitely I have at least 3 and easily 4 reasons to spout out sunshine through my discomfort! My challenge for myself this week, try a little harder to smile a little more, especially when it hurts! And wear some fiesty red lipstick while doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment